Jason is a Sports Therapist and has been practising since graduating in 2008. He has a passion for sport and exercise, with a particular interest in Athletics. Jason is a keen runner and takes part in this competitively. Jason has been a member of Gateshead Harriers for many years but has more recently turned his interests to the development of the Washington Running Club.
Jason qualified as a Sports Therapist with a 2:1 Bsc Honours degree in Sports Therapy through Leeds Metropolitan University. Jason is also a member of the Society of Sports Therapists. Since qualifying, he has gained experience in working with clients from amateur level to elite athletes; he has worked as a Sports Massage Therapist in both the London 2012 Olympics and the 2017 Athletics World Championships. This work has enabled him to work with a wide range of people across many disciplines.
In addition to Jason’s Sports Therapy qualification, he has also completed the UK Athletics Strength and Conditioning Module with being a level 2 endurance coach.
Jason has also been a keen worker on the Run Geordie Run support team, providing support in both the Australia and European Segments.
Jason now also works with Gymtopia Gymnastics club in Newcastle. Treating the gymnasts at training sessions and helping them be in the best shape possible for competition.
- BSc Honours degree in Sports Therapy- Leeds Metropolitan University
- CYQ Certificate in advanced fitness instructing- gym- level 3
- CYQ Certificate in Fitness instructing- level 3
- UK Athletics level 2 coaching award (Endurance)
- UK Athletics Strength and Conditioning
- Level 3 certificate in Swedish Massage
- Level 3 Sports Massage
- Level 2 certificate in Sports First Aid
- Kinesio UK KT1 & KT2